Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hanging loose today


Buenos Dias mi amigos:

Well tomorrow’s the first of two big days this month (not counting Christmas of course). I get my follow up CT scan to see if all goes well and get a bead on this unidentifiable lymph node on my lung and one week later I see the doctor for the official reading of the scan.

I’m feeling pretty confident kind of like Jack Burton in my favorite movie Big Trouble in Little China. “Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all. I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible.”
For the record my other favorite movie is Hidalgo. I have such good taste.

I’m going to take it super easy to today. I’ve still got a little of this cough still hanging around and I’ve got a bit of petechiae going on, on my arm so I don’t want to overdo it today. Petechiae – in case you’ve forgotten – is (or is it are) little red dots that appear from time-to-time on one’s body that indicate bleeding just under the skin. There are lots of reasons for it and it is a favorite word for TV coroners to use. Regardless, a low platelet count is often heralded by a bunch of petechiae. I don’t have a bunch but enough that you can see.

Don’t worry I called the doctor. His nurse said that because my platelets have been at 50,000 for a while it is to be expected (normal is 150,000 or better). She said that if I had any bleeding (outside my body) to come in. It seems to be a lot better today anyway.

I guess that’s it. I really do feel pretty okay. So we’ll see. More tomorrow.

Peace,

 Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment