Thursday, December 15, 2011

new world walking wecord


Wassup My Brothers and Sisters:

Well my CT scan went okay yesterday. I was in and out and back in bed before 0930. No one called me to set up an emergency appointment for the doctor – so that’s good. That’s what happened after the first scan back in March.

BTW I hate my dogs for getting me up so early today. I could’ve slept all morning.

This cough is finally starting to fade and so are the petechiae on my arm, so that’s good news. I’ll have to see how that woks out. Speaking of working out it is my pleasure to announce a major milestone in my recovery period.

I walked for about 45 to 60 minutes yesterday. I strutted from my house at 396 Stafford Ave., Down to S. Dillwyn and took a left; went to Newbrook took a right and waddled all the way to North Dillwyn; then I schlepped up to Mulberry Rd and up this huge hill; took a left at Adelene dodging dogs; met my friend Chuck at the corner of Adelene and Hawthorne (I think it was there, chemo brain notwithstanding); dragged myself from Hawthorne to Elm and back to my home.  (To see a map of my trek go to -- http://maps.yahoo.com/#q=396+Stafford+Ave%2C+Newark%2C+DE++19711-5540&conf=1&start=1&lat=39.68968616572197&lon=-75.72425365447998&zoom=16&mvt=m&trf=0)

Anyway, it was a new record for me since ending the chemo drip. Now that I’ve that under my belt and the CT scan is done it may be time to put some jogging in my repertoire. I may wait to next week after my big doctor’s appointment before I start jogging/running/bike riding, it does seem like aerobic exercise needs to come into the picture.

That’s it for today, Talk to you later.

Peace,

Bill

1 comment:

  1. WOW
    I know that exercise is an important element in cancer fighting but I am so lazy when it comes to that. I look for the easy way out.
    Well done Bill, I admire your fighting spirit.

    ReplyDelete