Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Old friends

Good morning my Chemo 13 brothers and sisters:

Doctors report then stupid stuff. I’ve been fighting this stupid cough for some time.  It’s still hanging around and it is causing me no end of frustration. The coughing is also the cause for the abdominal pain so until this thing leaves I’m kind of stuck. Last night was unusually bad, but this morning seems okay.

As a general rule I don’t use names on the blog, but today I think I need to – that’s right I’m naming names. This is a full blown whatever the opposite of expose’ is.  

From L. Timmy watching that we
don't steal his valuables, Chipper and
Bugsy looking at photos and Jayla
pretending she doesn't know these
people

Pretty much the same as above, but this time with Gracie eating.

Denise, Donna, Nancy, and Vito. They're probably talking
about me and how wonderful I am.

Chipper watching Diane play the harp. It was pretty cool!

Vito and Smitty are doing something with the laptop. It must
be okay their wives are nearby.
Sunday Night I had lunch/dinner over my friend’s house and his wife, Diane, went way above and beyond the call of duty making, as Seinfeld would say, “Linner or Lupper.”  It was perfection. There were about twelve of us there and several traveled from pretty far away to get there. All New Englanders, they all talked like I do and were as funny as I think I am.

We were there ostensibly to watch the Patriots play the Colts, but once the photos from three decades ago went flying about, we never really noticed the game. It was one of those weird deals when you haven’t seen somebody for two or three decades and you throw them all together and it is as if you never parted. With this group there was very little posturing; it was mostly about loving each other and telling stories no one would believe unless you had been there. I laughed so hard my stomach was killing me.

So I want to proclaim publicly that I love Timmy, Diane, Gracie, Dennis (aka Vito), Bugsy, Chipper, Smitty, Lucy the Dog, Donna, Denise, Nancy, Cat (this actually is a cat), Ellen, Kate, my brother Fred, and Dunkin Donuts. Thank yo all for going out of your way to make a really special afternoon/evening.

Peace to all,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment