Sunday, May 29, 2011

A couple of Notes 29 MAY 2011


Hey guys:

It’s been a pretty good day, so there isn’t a lot to tell. Got up early and did some writing. Kate and I went K-Mart and I bought some shorts that fit. I've lost so much weight I am down too damn fat to just overweight. Anyway, I've dropped about four inches on my waist. Take it from me, Cancer is the way to beat weight gain. 

I started giving myself injections of a drug called nuepogen. It’s supposed to bounce my white blood cell count back up after all the chemo I’ve had to knock it down. I guess we’ll see. I am also taking this other chemo steroid Decadron, that’s supposed to help do the same – I guess.

Anyway, I guess this is pretty good news as I their giving me some repair drugs. My downward slide hasn’t seemed so bad. Moderately miserable to be sure, but could have been much worse. No vomiting yet – thank God.

I really haven’t been able to concentrate on much reading, but what are you gonna do? If that’s as bad as things go, then hell that’s good. I went all through college and never read a book.

I’m going to see the doc Wednesday, ostensibly to set up my next seven days of hospitalization. Who knows, there are always surprises. I suspect I’ll go back in June 6th or 7th. I still have to have my chemo port put in and they may put me in on the 6th for that.

This 2nd block of chemo is supposed to be different than the 1st. I guess we’ll have to see. Some googling suggests the 2nd round is the real bad stuff, but I ain’t scared, I’ve got you guys.

I guess that’s it.

Love to all,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment