Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday 18 May 2011


What to report? What to report? HMMMMM.

Not much going on here. Oh I almost forgot. It’s 1357 on Wednesday and I started chemo. It’s all been quite a deal so far.

The problem with writing this blog is that so much of the language I am being immersed in is so foreign to non-cancer folks (be thankful) that it is hard to keep things going and not use terms, which will slow down the post.

Yesterday, I had an Ommaya reservoir installed in my head. This will explain it pretty well http://www.atlantabrainandspine.com/subject.php?pn=animation-ommaya. The good news is I have the reservoir. The bad news is I have a God-awful headache. On my follow-up instructions it says that I should report any headaches to my doctor. I have to think if someone drills a hole in your head and emplaces a foreign body under your scalp, somebody’s getting a headache. You would think the instructions would say something about reporting if you DON’T get a headache.

From all the horror stories I’ve heard about chemo, I am of course apprehensive. It’s always been true though, that things are never as good or as bad as first reported. So I am optimistic that I will be the exception to the stories.  I guess we’ll see.

15 minutes in and I still feel good – except for this headache.

I guess that’s it for now.

By the way my phone at the hospital is 302-733-6229



See ya soon. Pictures tomorrow.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment