Sunday, May 15, 2011

I’m Back


I’m Back

After about 48 hours of serious thumb sucking (say that ten times fast), I’m back and ready to go.

Since I will be I the hospital for quite some time I went to Boscov’s (a local department store for my non-Delaware friends) and bought some PJs and Crocs.

I may never take the Crocs off my feet. At first I thought they were for cosmic earth children and only slightly better than earth shoes (remember those?). Well, this is yet another time when my style prejudices would have let me down. I love these things and they’ll be perfect for my hospital jaunts.

Since I’ll be in the hospital for ten days starting Tuesday, I’m debating which guitar to bring with me. I’m leaning toward my Stratocaster cause I can plug it into my Mac and play it softly and not bother the rest of the cancer patients. If I bring an acoustic guitar it might be too loud and you all know how considerate of people when volume is concerned. That is why I talk so softly.

I guess that’s it for now. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Well Billy P,

    This is a fine kettle of fish you have jumped into. I am not at all happy with the lengths you have gone here to, once again, get all the attention focused on you. You did tell me so many times that, while there is no "I" in team, there is one in Bill. And here you go again...

    I'm sure your mantra was indeed, "fuck, fuck, fuck" while you were writing, 'cause I can tell you mine was, "fuck, fuck, fuck" while I was reading. I am not at all happy that this cancer episode has gone from "they're going to dip my big toe in salt water and I'll be fine" to "I have to go into the hospital for days and days." My only solace is that they might use the port in your head to pump in some smarts that Placebo Domingo Technical College never got in there...

    Missy and I will keep you in our thoughts, and keep our fingers crossed while you get busy kicking this thing's butt. And when you're done with it, we will make some plans and get together. Keep your chin up, and think happy thoughts. And, oh yeah, fuck you, you fuckin' fuck.

    Love you bud,

    Heffe

    ReplyDelete