Monday, May 9, 2011

General nonaligned thoughts


This is a stream of consciousness kind of piece.

Well, a new week’s beginning and I have a lot to do. Got a few appointments. Going to a cancer support group Tuesday night at the Delaware Wellness Community. I’ll probably get a call from one of the Wellness Staff later on today—a social worker that will give me an attitude check. Probably not a bad idea.

I’ve been kind of selfishly angry the past couple of days. You know, “why me?” kind of stuff. I know I should be thankful for the love everyone has shown me, but sometimes it’s just hard to have an attitude of gratitude amid conversations of chemo-ports and living wills.

I am going a bit cabin crazy. There isn’t a whole lot I can do about it. I can begin driving this week and maybe run an errand or two, but I am still kind of weak and run out of gas fairly quickly. My abdomen seems kind of sore too -- I guess that’s from having a major operation fewer than three weeks ago. I have been saying the Rosary a lot lately. I guess the old saying about atheist in foxholes applies to cancer patients as well.

I still can’t picture myself as a cancer patient/survivor. That’s the kind of thing that happens to the other guy.

Anyway I need to get back on track with some positive mojo.

Oh, I almost forgot -- I’m writing a blues song about lymphatic cancer and will record it to my computer pretty soon and put it on the blog. Since I can’t sing and my guitar playing is spotty at best it should make your ears bleed.

I guess medical marijuana in Delaware is getting approved. The timing couldn’t be better. I wonder if they issue Grateful Dead albums with every prescription. If I start wearing tie-dyed hospital gowns, you’ll know something is afoot.

That’s it for today, more positive tomorrow.

Love to all,

Bill 

1 comment: