Thursday, May 12, 2011

You guys are so lucky.


You guys are so lucky.

If I could figure out how to post an MP3 to my blog I would bombard you with my song stylings and drive you from music forever. But alas I can’t figure out how to do it just yet – but I will.

My friend Alec Sullivan – actually my friend’s daughter’s boyfriend – said I will probably have to make a video to post it to my blog. If that happens – you guys are really in deep doo doo. I’ll do it shirtless and highlight my scar. You’ll probably all go blind.

About my scar. I wanted the surgeon to make mine all jagged and nasty so it would like I was in a knife fight. He wouldn’t do it. Then I said, “Can you give me a scar across my cheek so I look like a Prussian General?” He looked at me like I was crazy. Geez some people can’t tell when a joke is being delivered. I would like to look like “Fearless Leader” from the Bullwinkle Show, but it is not to be.

Not a whole lot to report today; I’m just kind of relaxing. I have to run up to Rite Aide later and get some drugs for my bone marrow thingy tomorrow. After that we’ll get down to brass tacks.

I’m not sure why brass tacks should be more serious than any other type of metal fastener, but getting down to brass tacks is apparently way more serious than getting down to steel staples. Ah language – I love it.

Peace to all,

Bill 

1 comment:

  1. Brass Tacks Etymology-

    Unknown[1] Earliest attestation in 1863 US, specifically Texas.[1] A theory is that it comes from the brass tacks in the counter of a hardware store or draper's shop used to measure cloth in precise units (rather than holding one end to the nose and stretching out the arm to approximately one yard).

    My guess is it was used for precision.

    ReplyDelete