Thursday, November 24, 2011

CT scan news

Okay now that I’ve sucked my thumb for a while I guess I’m feeling better now.

The good news first – There are no signs of the lymphoma that started this thing. It appears that the Burkitt’s is gone, dead, kaput. So that’s a great thing. So this whole thing might be over and we’ll know that right before Christmas. That’s a pretty good Thanksgiving treat right there.

The not so good news – The CT scan revealed a lymph node on my lung. It is currently too small to biopsy or anything else so there’s no telling if it’s cancerous or not. The thing is, I have had this terrible cough for about two months now and that may be causing an irritation in my lung and that might i be showing up on the CT scan. So it might be nothing. Then again …

My blood number were also kind of low yesterday especially the platelets which were only a third of what they’re supposed to be. As you may remember I’ve always had a runny nose when my platelet numbers have been low. I’m wondering if this whole thing is a result of a runny nose, post nasal drip, cold thing. Oh and here is the biggest drag – no booze until I finish this course of antibiotics they have me on. Gosh darn it …

So the course of treatment for the weekend is pie, a feast, some football, naps, and some really cheesy crime novels.

On the medical side the treatment is antibiotics, cough medicine, pie, sandwiches from leftovers, some football, more naps, and some really cheesy zombie novels.

BTW I started read LA Noir by James Ellroy (of LA Confidential Fame) and the bodies are piling up faster than any zombie novel I’ve read. It’s quite amazing.

I guess that's it.

See ya soon. 

Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment