Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is it witchcraft or science


Good Morning my chemo 13 Homies (For those of you new to the daily blog this is actually a gang site for our posse – Chemo 13):

It’s witchcraft I tell you – pure and simple witchcraft. When I got done with the Intravenous IG thing yesterday I felt a little groggy, but I wasn’t coughing. I went home and I wasn’t coughing, I kissed my bride and wasn’t coughing, I had a glorious steak and I wasn’t coughing, and I went to bed and no coughing.

It must be magic – nothing works that well. I wonder if the devil gets my soul now? I’m not really using it at the moment. With any luck I won’t need for 30 years or so.

Okay so obviously I’m feeling a bit better and this coughing and hacking may be coming to an end, so what does that all mean? Hopefully the rest my little laborious lung will enjoy for the next two weeks will help that lymph node trying to get noticed recede to background and there will be nothing left to worry about. On the 14 I get the CT scan and met with my doc on the 21st– then we’ll know something. After that I’ll get my note from the doc send it the return to work lady in Dover and return to work two to three weeks after that (I’d go back sooner, but you have to give about two weeks lead time for the return to work folks). Then I’m gonna raise the roof at DOL with bad jokes, good ideas, loud laughing, and oh yeah quality staff stuff.

I’m going to take it easy the next few weeks as far as exercise goes. No running and no lifting weights until after the CT scan. I’ll still do the stationary bike and some work with the exercise bands, but I’m gonna cool it with those exercises that really force the air into and out of your lungs until after the scan – to eliminate coughing as an irritatant and replace it with another seems kind of stupid at this point.

I guess that’s it.

Peace,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment