Thursday, November 17, 2011

Scan done -- Nap time


Wassup!

Not much going on.

Yesterday was a weird day. Although the good they put in you for the PET/CT scan are supposed to be side effect-free, I was exhausted by the time I got home. I slept for an hour and a half when I got home and then took another nap at about 3 until I was surrounded by dogs, with eight beady little eyes boring holes into my slumber silently urging me to fill their dinner bowls. I was in fact quite scared they might eat me.

I stopped up to see the nurses on 6B as I was in the area. I really love those people. And it’s not because they tell me how good I look either (okay it is – not really – yes it is). By the way, if you want the best cinnamon bun in Delaware, stop by the Brew Ha Ha kiosk at Christiana Care. They’re great – I give them 4 ½ chemo bag rating (out of five).

I never really noticed it before, but there are gajillion ads on TV about cancer treatment centers. I guess I’m sensitized to it now, but jeepers creepers I had no idea the cancer market was so lucrative. Oh well.  

As you know I copied all the blog postings to a single document and ended up with quite a heap of, er, ah info. I’m going to go through it, edit it (when I’m awake, as you know I love my horizontal consultations) and see what it looks like. I bought the 2012 Writers Market and there are a couple of dozen publishers who will accept manuscripts from writers without agents. I guess we’ll see (stamina and ambition depending of course).

Well ‘tll tomorrow,

Peace,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment