Tuesday, November 8, 2011

return and fear


Hey guys:

Not a whole lot to say today. I’m still slogging along. Feel okay. A little tired perhaps.

My return to work date is tentatively scheduled for on or about 13 January. That will finalize on the 23rd of this month (the day before Thanksgiving), when I go to what I hope is my big final appointment when the doc tells me I am cancer free.

I’m kind of terrified about that – I keep that anxiety pretty close to my vest, but this blog thing is about revealing publicly what I hold privately. I know all the signs indicate I should be alright, but gosh darn it, Murphy is always in the wings (remember Murphy’s law). I don’t know what I would do if the scan came back abnormal. I truly don’t! 

There are far fewer options than you might think. You see some of the drugs in my type of chemo are so dangerous there is a limit to how much you can take in a lifetime. I wonder how close I am to the limits. So if this thing is still hanging around inside of me, the response options might be limited. I f I want any at all. 

I'll cross all those death and dying bridges when the time comes -- hopefully many years from now.

That’s it for now I guess. This life and death stuff can wear on you. With any luck Thanksgiving will be a time for a real celebration and it will all be a dead issue (bad pun, but I couldn’t resist).

Peace,


Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment