Sunday, June 26, 2011

Apologies and Visualization


 Good morning everyone.

 Last night my sister said that she uses my blogs as a barometer of how I am feeling. If I post then she assumes I am okay and of not, it must be a tough day.

That's probably pretty accurate, yet I think an apology is in order. It  is my goal to write to you every day -- whether I feel well or not. That's the point of this whole thing, to take you with me on this journey. To be as honest and truthful about this as I can be. The days I feel like poop and how I cope (or don't) are just as important (probably more) than when I feel well.

So oops!

My nephew's logos are to the left. I'm going to have some tee-shirts made soon with these logos. They'll be pretty cool.


Things I didn't tell you this week.  I told you guys about the transfusions of platelets and red blood, right? I thought so.

I started a meditating ritual of sorts. There is a great body of work suggesting that what conceive in our mind we behold  in our reality and more importantly for me, we can behold in our physiology.

I'm not the smart guy, but apparently it goes kind of like this. If you use imagery to talk to you body via your brain (hold the jokes please), these images can become commands to your body and can assist in the  healing, relaxation, etc.

For example I sometimes picture myself canoeing at Hyalite Reservoir outside Bozeman, Mt. and the act of paddling pushes my further from illness and closer to cancer free. The theory is this imagery will ultimately result in physiological change facilitating recovery. I guess we'll see, but in the interim it sure provides me about an hour of peace on bad days. I usually listen to selections of softer music from  a Wyndham Hills sampler.

I feel okay today. It is day 19 of 21 for this cycle and I have whopping sore at the roof of my mouth driving me to distraction (chemo side effect), but my arms and legs feel stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment