Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, gurgle


Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, gurgle.

I have a new friend; a non-stop constant gurgling in my stomach that is enough to drive a person crazy.

If you ask a doctor or nurse which makes you feel lousier, the block one of the chemo, or block two (the one I finished Sunday) you will get a long song and dance about how everyone is different and it all depends, and blah, blah, blah. Let me be unequivocal – for me block two is a gazillion time worse. Just need to get tougher.

Remember that posting last month when I was sucking my thumb? Today, those are the good old days.

Jeepers creepers!

Yesterday I walked up a flight of stairs and was winded – I can’t insert expletive believe it. My buddies at the Delaware Department of Labor would be glad to testify that in the winter you could find me going up and down the stairs -- from the fourth floor to the first and back up again during lunch -- and doing pushups at the landings. Winded walking up a flight of stairs – insert expletive. It is going to take so much work to get that all back again when I get over this – insert expletive.

Yesterday I also washed the kitchens floor. I was exhausted when I was done. Exhausted from washing a floor? Admittedly it was pretty dirty. I don’t know maybe I am being too hard on myself or maybe I’m just being a girly-man. I don’t know.

I need to be careful. I have been moping. It can take me a lot of time to get going to do anything. I haven’t been as active as I should be like walking and so on. I really need to institute some GOYA. For those of you unfamiliar with the acronym it means Get Off Your Ass.

I have not been pulling my – somewhat diminished I admit – weight lately when it comes to calling people back or writing notes to friends. I need to get on that. These are good people who’ve gone out of their way to offer help and support.

I guess that’s it for now.

Love to all

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment