Monday, June 6, 2011

Petri Dish Blues


For all you musicians out there, this is a simple I, IV, V blues song. Throw some VII's in as you want.  I'm still playing with some minor chord riffs to make it cry.  


Petri Dish Blues
By Bill Potter

G
Six weeks ago I felt pretty good
C
Now I sit a wondering if maybe I should
D
Spend the night in my room and cry all alone
G                                                            C            G
And pray for last month when nothing was known


Chorus
G
It all changes on spin and you can never tell
C
If tomorrow will be heaven or a trip to hell
D
But, my baby is with me and she’s by my side
G                                                C            G
My love for her well I just can’t hide



Living in Petri dish sure ain’t fun

It seems I have give some blood to everyone

They slice it and dice and let you know

How many rounds of chemo you have left to go.


Chorus


I didn’t start this fight, but I’m gonna win

I know what kind of shape that my spirit is in

Cancer is tough, but baby so am I

So don’t you worry too much and surely don’t cry


No comments:

Post a Comment