Monday, June 27, 2011

 Monday, June 27, 2011


Oaky gang:

First things first.

These are two cards from the funniest/stupidest card contest. Let’s get those entries going. Some of you are being neither funny nor stupid J.

Today is day 20 so that means just one thing – I go back to the hospital tomorrow for four or five days. I hope to be home by Saturday.  The plan is pretty much the same.

I feel pretty good except for this headache around the Omaya Reservoir in my head.  It is still very sensitive to touch. I’ll need to bring that up to the docs.  The thing about oncology docs is that they are so specialized that if you ask them to take a splinter out, they’d have to refer to a manual (is that too sarcastic?).

I wonder if chemo is cumulative or does each session stand-alone? What I mean is I handled these chemo chemicals well the last time I had them (block 1), will this infusion be like the first or will the effects multiplied? I’m very curious.

Good news! My weight has stabilized and I’ve actually gained a pound or two. That’s a big deal because I was dropping weight hand over fist. I am now at a scrappy 228 – down from well, er, ah …  never mind.

I guess that’s it.

Love to all.

BIll



1 comment:

  1. Great post and great cards. I had to chuckle since one of my dogs is currently wearing a cone/lampshade. I have to chuckle everytime she tries to go somewhere where she can't fit and her head get stuck and then she can't figure out if she can move backwards to get unstuck.

    I am elated that you are still in good spirits!

    ReplyDelete