Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sitting here having about the best cup of coffee I can remember. Man it is good. I’m not sure where the nurse stole it from, but it is good.
According to my calculations this is day four of block two. I’m feeling pretty good today. They’ve been pumping full of chemo and now they are backing it off with some other drugs, so I don’t get neuropathy, a multi-pain in the neck nerve damage (If I’ve got that right). It’s all quite a delicate dance with timing et al.
The plan as I understand is to give me some more chemo today and monitor my blood levels to ensure I am safe. I hope it’s not like Marathon Man safe though (an obscure joke – I know). If all goes well, I might be headed to Casa del Potter Sunday afternoon for a hug-fest with my puppies. That’d be great.
With everything going on the past few days, I kind of let my scheduling slip. I almost forgot to refill one of my injection prescriptions, but caught it in the nick time. Yikes! That could’ve been like getting shot in the buttocks (obscure Forest Gump reference and chemotherapy joke).
Had an interesting talk with a psychologist from the Cancer Center yesterday afternoon. Those guys always give you a lot to ponder. Hmm – need to mull some of that stuff over, but the gist of it for me was, that no matter how hard I might try to get back to normal after all this is done – even if everything goes according to the big cancer plan – “normal” has changed forever.
There is something to that – I’m not sure what that is yet. But, it seems like a pretty big deal I need to wrap myself in holistically – I think I’m talking more than the mind, body, and spirit cliché – but there probably should be some of that.
Once again that whole Joseph Conrad idea of new beginnings from an earlier post is kind of what I think I’m talking about. You know, … I saw the straight line of the flat shore joined to the stable sea, edge to edge, with a perfect and unmarked closeness, in one leveled floor half brown, half blue under the enormous dome of the sky.”
A lot to ponder

Love to all,

Bill




No comments:

Post a Comment