Friday, August 5, 2011

feeling better

8/5/11

After an excellent night’ sleep, two units of red blood, and a unit of platelets I feel pretty good. Wow! Science is amazing, isn’t it?

At about 0900 I’ll be getting a dose of Cytarabine – more chemo, and if my numbers are good and my temp down I’ll go home. If not I’ll be chilling in the hospital. Regardless, I’ll be fine. I think this may call for a McDonald Filet –O-Fish sandwich, or a cheese steak for lunch. That sounds pretty good.

I’ve been thinking about getting myself a big present when this is all over – a kind of I kicked cancer’s ass reward – and I can’t decide what I should do/get. At first I was going to get a Gretsch Electric guitar, but I stink and investing 1,000 clams on a toy like that makes no sense (especially when I already have a Stratocaster I don’t play well). I was thinking about getting a new amp instead, but I really should get competent with one I have. If I stumble upon a yard sale with those things I’ll pick them up.

Maybe Kate and I can runaway for a week when this all over. I don’t mow much – if any – vacation I’ll have when this is done. I’m burning through sick leave at a pretty reasonable rate, but these longer illnesses can take a toll.

Shoot as I write this, I’m thinking I should do an act of service for someone instead of indulging in something for me.

One thing I’m doing for sure is renovating my kitchen, which from a previous post, you know all know I can’t stand. I hate it, hate it, hate it!!!

Well, I guess it's time to go because of the smell of institution food wafting through the air.  I can smell the scrambled yellow stuff and the always delectable turkey sausage sneaking through my meager olfactory defenses. I hope I can hold out 'till lunch where ma be a cheese steak in my future.


A sign a the first Montana highway rest stop when you
when you cross in from the Dakotas.

Peace to all,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment