Friday, August 5, 2011

Sometimes you eat the bear ...

Well -- long pause --- I'm still here at New Castle County's most expensive hotel, Christiana Care. My white blood cell count went backwards and my transfusions had only a modest affect on the red blood cells, hemoglobin, and the other thing (which I've forgotten).

So I try to be as positive as I can, but it is hard sometimes. In fact, I broke down and cried earlier today. I don't know why that happened, but it did. All I was was inconvenienced thats all. Nothing earth shattering just a hiccup, but it got to me.

I've started a second round of transfusions and had some chemo pumped into my brain this morning. With any good luck I'll go home tomorrow, but I am not optimistic because today I'm not allowed out of my room unless I'm wearing a surgical mask. That's not a good portent for tomorrow.

This is about the fourth week in a row I've had some kind of blood/platelet problem and I'm getting worried that the chemo may be doing  permanent damage to my innards. I'll have to talk to the doctor about it all.  The nurses and nurse practitioners all say not to worry too much it's just your body adjusting to the chemo.

I'm a bit freaked out and worried about it all. We'll have to see.


That's it. Bye

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment