Sunday, August 21, 2011

T minus 1


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Good morning Chemo 13.  I probably won’t post anything tomorrow. It’s up bright and early to the doc and off to the hospital. I’ll be spending most of today hanging out, washing some clothes, and getting my nurse bribes together.

You guys don’t think quality healthcare comes just from good doctors, good hospitals, and great nurses do you? It comes from bribes – especially bribes to the nurses and the kitchen staff.

It’s like the old saying, what two branches do you need to fight a war? The answer is infantry and finance. It’s the same with hospitals. What two groups run the hospital? Nurses and food service.  They are the two groups I love them most anyway.

Back to my hospital stay. I have lucked out in recent weeks by getting a bed in the bone marrow transplant unit. They give you a private room, a TV that works most of the time, and access to the bone marrow units exercise stuff. Cool beans. The regular rooms are okay and if you get a good roommate it can be – well as good an experience as chemo can be. The fact of the matter is, most cancer patients tend to mediocre roommates. They’re usually distracted, asleep, or self-obsessed (go figure huh?).

So we’ll see –what’s what tomorrow. This will be block five of eight. I’m on the downward slope of this thing. If my blood/platelet numbers hold up I can be done in about 80 days and it’s back to work and fixing stuff around here (and at my brother’s new house).

That’s it for today. Talk to you later.

Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment