Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A little brighter -- August 10, 2011


A little brighter
August 10, 2011


Okay, yesterday was little dark I guess – maybe just a tad. There’s still something in me I want to put on the page, but I just can’t get it out. Well one thing’s for sure it won’t be today. Maybe my sarcastic leanings are where I should begin. After all Vonnegut was able to become one of America’s/the world’s finest writers with imagination, sarcasm, and symbolism. HO HUM

I’m feeling a lot better today; my white blood cells are clawing their way back, my hemoglobin is also nudging it’s way to “safe,” and my platelets are still all over the place. Even so, that’s still pretty good; I’m more optimistic than I’ve been in a while. You do get a little stir crazy sitting alone in a hospital room all day and any good news has a way of brightening your mood.

I’m feeling so much better that one of my main concerns is if the Denver Broncos vs. Dallas Cowboys preseason game set for Thursday night will be on a channel I get in this hospital. There is one channel on my TV that gets no sound, so we’ll have to see. But, if I am still here Thursday night, I’m may have to initiate a covert operation “Pizza Dawn.” But to get to Thursday though, I have to go through Wednesday and here I have a guilty pleasure I’m embarrassed to admit – the CBS reality show Big Brother. It’s trite, stupid, and symbolic of what’s wrong with American Television -- it's perfect. I may have to patrols out to capture some potato chips and soda for that one.

With all these super intellectual plans for TV watching, I suspect my viewing will be from room 6C23. We’ll see. Regardless, I’m feeling pretty good – so there!

That’s it for today,
See you tomorrow,

Bill  

No comments:

Post a Comment