Friday, August 26, 2011

going home to Irene


Good Morning:

Well I’m going home today after I finish off an infusion of red stuff (a.k.a Doxorubicin) at about 1030 and get a blood transfusion so I can be strong like bear during hurricane. With any luck I’ll be home by 3 p.m.

Feeling really good today. I had the blues yesterday for a while. I guess 90 hours of any type of chemo infusion gets to you after a while. Oh well.

Hurricane Prep –

If the force of my personality doesn’t keep Newark safe from Irene, I guess I’ll just have to revert to mortal approaches.

Anyway, I’m thinking I have a Coleman camping stove hidden around the house somewhere. The good news is you can’t use it in a house because of CO poisoning so that might help me avoid burning my house down.

Of course I have a very handy electric chainsaw I can use if I lose one of my huge pine trees in my yard and the power doesn’t go out (what are the chances of that?). It’s always important to have the right tool, for the right job.

I wish my dogs were better trained and they could carry stuff around the house for me instead of hiding under the beds – maybe they know something I don’t. I guess that’s it for today. Enjoy the hurricane and I’ll write ya tomorrow.


Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment