Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Back In the Saddle Again


Back In the Saddle Again
Gene Autry

I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again

Good Morning all:

Block #6 is off and running and I’m feeling pretty good so far.  I am the luckiest guy around I tell you. I’m getting a little fat from eating a lot of crap, but then again my definition of good nutrition has always been a bit different than anyone else’s. I’m the guy who refuses to listen to anyone about the evil of hotdogs. Talking to me about the evidence against hot dogs is like giving a creationist evidence of evolution.

Anyway it’s not really fat. Rather, it is prepositioned weight loss material. Yeah, that’s it ; it’s preemptive weight gain – that’s the ticket. If the chemo forces me to lose some weight I’ve already built in some fat stores in case I need it. Yeah, yeah that’s it!

Not a whole lot to report otherwise. As is usually the case with first nights, I didn’t get much sleep as the nurses have to come in and check out my vital signs every ½ hour or so.

My run in the bone marrow unit ended this visit. I’m back in general population and have a roommate. Nice enough fellow, but I got spoiled. I like being alone while I’m in chemo. Remember – it is all about me.

I think I’ll sign off now.


Peace,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment