Friday, September 9, 2011

Big adult thoughts


Good morning all:

Big adult thoughts still going on in my head.

I need to drive on with the Long Term disability paperwork. And I need to drive through the finish line with the chemo regardless of what happens beyond that. If it blows up my face … well it blows up in my face. There’s not a whole heck of a lot I can do about that.

It’s all very hard.

One of my many personality foibles that has, over the years, been blessing and a curse is my organizational dedication. I tend to put my organization first – that whole idea of selfless service and organizational loyalty is always a big deal. That manifests itself in getting back to work as fast as possible. Maybe its time to put self before organization.

My doctor is concerned I don’t appreciate how hard this has all actually been and that I may not even be physically, emotionally, or spiritually ready to return to work as fast as I want to given the rigors of the past six months. A lot to consider.

Oh well more tomorrow.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment