Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting ready to go


Good morning all

I lied. I am going to post today. A little one anyway. I am very curious about what is gong to happen today. I suspect my platelets are low and will likely need a transfusion, but will it be outpatient or inpatient since I already have a bed reserved and well frankly, isolating me from the rest of the world is always a good thing. We’ll see and I’ll know by 0930. As miserable as this round of chemo is I’d just as soon get on with it. So cross your fingers and say a little prayer.

Went to a place called Nino’s Ristorante for dinner last night and had the baked Ziti. It earned four out of five chemo bags. Very rich. I guess there’s more than one Nino’s I should really try the Pizza. As I’ve mentioned before, pizza – for me – is a standalone chemo wonder drug. So I should continue my research.


Speaking of chemo 13 approved products. I recently discovered the Craftsman Rear Propelled Rear Bag Key Start Lawnmower. This thing is cool. It starts with the turn of a key and the operator can control the speed of the rear wheel drive by tightening or loosening a little red handle. The only downside is -- this thing heavy and if you are tired or having a not so good day, it’ll drag you around the yard until your wife rescues you, sits you under a ceiling fan, gives you some lemonade, and then tells your sister your being an a**hole (not that I’d know anything about that). Aside from the tail whipping this thing can give you, the key start feature is perfect, as you don’t have to get in a wrestling match with a pull cord. It earns three and a half chemo bags. J


Here’s the real deal –it’s perfect for either men or women so the lawn can still get cut regardless of who is doing the lawn and who is doing the supervising. In the words of Montgomery Burn, “Excellent.”

I guess that’s it.

Peace,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment