Friday, September 30, 2011

New Swear Word


I’ve discovered it’s hard to use the space bar of you computer when your thumb is in your mouth, thus making typing difficult. I’m still in lockdown, waiting for my chance to spring into action, grab my dirty clothes and make my way to the door.

I was in error this morning. Apparently there is more afoot than just the neutrophil – Scag blag it. Kate and I have developed this new swear word by the way. Feel free to use it. But you’ve got to say it fast. Try it, “Scag blag it.” Pretty good huh!

What I didn’t know is the infectious disease guys are still roaming around trying to find the root cause of my blood infection so they can treat better me when I leave. Treat me when I leave? What the hell is that? Scag blag it! Geez Louise, I could be here forever; sometimes these things never get figured out. Scag blag it!

If this has to do with some social responsibility I have to my fellow man to not spread disease, I ain’t buying it. If it’s about me, and protecting me, and making sure me and mine are okay, then maybe I’ll be a little patient. I guess I’ll never be a “little patient” ha, ha! Oh that’s rich.

I digress. It looks like I might get to go home Saturday, but I am skeptical. If they didn’t find the root cause of this today, what makes me think they’ll find it on Saturday after they go to wherever it is they go, to do whatever it is they do, when they’re not letting me go home. Scag blag it!

I guess that’s it for now.

Peace,

Bill

1 comment:

  1. Little patient = oxymoron
    Loving your story maybe that's a little oxymorish since I shouldn't be loving your pain but it is an encouraging story while I am starting this journey with my grandson.

    ReplyDelete