Monday, September 12, 2011

Hospital manana, nurses, and snacks


Good morning Chemo 13:

I don’t have a lot to report today. I woke to find the Dallas Cowboys gave another one away in the last minutes of a game. God, these guys are more trying than cancer – I should know. Fudge – I wanted to use another word that begins with Fu, but I m saving that for the Freaking Red Sox who have begun their September swoon in typical fashion. Following these two teams makes taking chemo seem like a blast! They’re killing me!

Can you believe it’s September 12, 2011? September 12, 2011! Jeepers creepers. I feel like Rip Van Winkle … I’ve slept the summer away. Oh well, I guess that’s how that goes.

I probably won’t write to you guys tomorrow; it’s a hospital day. I’ll go to the doc at 0900, get my blood checked, and head over to Christiana Care if my platelets and hemoglobin check out. I’m a bit skeptical at the moment, as I’ve had a runny nose this weekend and my calves have been aching – for me that usually signals low blood counts, but we’ll see. After I get the thumbs up from the doc, I’ll mosey over to Wawa and get my pre-chemo large roast beef sub with extra meat, American Cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo. After that I’ll go to Christiana Care and check in – keep your fingers crossed for the bone marrow unit!!! If you have to get chemo for four days, that’s the place. Anyway, I’ll chill out for a little while, take a nap, and begin the poisoning at about 1630 (4:30 pm).

I started reading Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T.E. Lawrence. If that doesn’t cure my insomnia, nothing will.

I have a lot to do today and tomorrow before I go to chemo. I have to finish my long term disability packet, I have to contact the Defense Finance and Accounting Service because I need a new login for the super secure retiree website, I need to fold some laundry, and I need to put my overnight bag together.

I should probably run over to Dunkin Donuts first thing tomorrow morning and buy some coffee for the nurses. You know, I might run over Dunkin get the nurses some snacks first thing in the morning, run by the cancer ward and then roll by the Helen F Graham Cancer center to see the doc. I have to go to Pathmark today too. I need to get some cookies for one of the nurses.

I guess that’s it. I’ll talk to you all tomorrow night or Wednesday morning.

Peace,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment