Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kryptonite

Good Morning Chemo 13:

When I traveled here from my home planet Krypton I was just a baby. As you know the yellow sun of Earth makes me a little ill when I come in contact with pieces of rock or liquids from Krypton.

I have discovered that most chemo is Kryptonite derivative. Oh well.

Today I have about five hours of Kryptonite infusion (aka chemo) at the Graham Cancer Center.

You ever notice that life isn't fair. Here's an example. I usually get a Demerol/Benadryl  cocktail before my infusion, it gets me very stoned. It's actually rather pleasant in a" skid row" kind of way. My last infusion the effect was somewhat mitigated and I mentioned it to the nurse.

She said my body was building up a tolerance to it. Then I asked a stupid question. "Does that mean my body is working up a tolerance to chemo and that I will feel fewer and fewer side effects?"

Of course the answer was -- "That's not how that works."

Damn!!

Love to all,

Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment