Wednesday, September 7, 2011

feeling better 7 sep


Good Morning everyone:

I feel like I’ve been in a meat grinder for the past four days, but I’m coming out of it in pretty much one piece. God bless America!

For some reason this last round of chemo has been especially hard – or rather recovery has been especially hard. My hands haven’t worked (neuropathy) quite right, I’ve had some incredibly annoying insomnia, and my stomach has this – and you’ve heard it all before – unrelenting gurgling.

I went to see the doc yesterday and of he was quite happy with my progress. How did he put it? Something like, “I don’t want to make light of your discomfort, but this is all to be expected. You’re actually doing very well especially when you consider the intensity of what you’ve been through.”

He said that all my numbers are trending up and things look like they’re going the right way – meanwhile I want to puke in a bucket. If I didn’t laugh, I’d cry.

The doc seemed to think the five rounds of chemo thus far are finally catching up with me a little and I am experiencing some cumulative affects from it all.

Went to bed at 1930 (7:30 pm for you non-nursing or nonmilitary types) last night. Man that was a great idea. I slept from 7:30 to 2 am, got up, had a bowl of cereal, and then went back to sleep ‘till 0500. I feel a lot better today.

I guess that’s it for now.

Peace,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment