Sunday, September 4, 2011

KCup coffee


This post has nothing to do with cancer or chemo cycles; it’s all about coffee.

Yesterday I bought one of the Keurig K-Cup coffeemakers; you know the kind with the individual premeasured tubs you drop in the machine and voila coffee is hot and supposedly perfect?
Well as Charlton Heston said of his rifle shortly after Columbine, I say the same of my coffeemaker “They’ll have to pry it from cold dead hands.” 
Except for what I expect to be an expensive per/cup proposition, my K-Cup coffeemaker makes perfect coffee quickly.
I found about this thing from one of the nurses at chemo when, after a 0500 blood draw, she asked if there was anything I needed.
“If you somehow scrounge me up a cup of Joe, that would be great,” I said.
“I can do better than that,” she said.
In a couple of minutes she brought me wonderful cup of coffee and told me about the machine.
It’s a hell of a deal when you to go to the hospital to get a decent cup of Joe.
Anyway I’m usually a percolator guy, but those things are kind of hard to clean and measure and getting coarser ground coffee is a pain in the neck especially if you go to Starbucks or some place and have to explain to college grad MBA holder barrister with an attitude what a percolator is.
So anyway the coffeemakers were on special at Boscov’s yesterday, so I bought one.

Tomorrow -- it's about chemo and how I feel pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment