Saturday, September 17, 2011

Short, short post


Hey Gang 

It’s 0515 and I’m sitting in my hospital room right now and the nurses (great by the way) just took some blood and we’re waiting to see if my Methatrexate are low enough to send me home, ending block six’s chemo phase. As you know Lymphomas are blood cancers and I think Methatrexate kills cancer cells in the blood, the problem is it is so efficient doing it the docs have to give you -- this is true -- an antidote called Leucovorin to bring the levels back down.  

I still have to work through the nadir and recovery of this round, but I'll be okay -- a bit miserable, but okay.  It’s been a five-day slog of chemo, transfusions, and insomnia. Kind of  tired and beat up right now. We'll see what's, what in a couple of hours.

I probably won't write tomorrow. When I go home I usually sleep for about 24 hours straight. My dog Coco the enforcer will stand guard. 

Peace to all,

Bill 

No comments:

Post a Comment