Sunday, September 25, 2011

hunkered down at the picturesque Christiana Care

I’ve been hunkered down at the picturesque Christiana Care for the past few days licking my wounds and feeling very sorry for myself. Several of you guys have given me a call to make sure I’m okay. I was in a dark place for the past few days, but I feel I’m coming back.

I violated one of the main bits of advice I was given from a cancer survivor friend of mine; I got wrapped up in now and lost sight of the end game. Sometimes now sucks, but it passes.

Except for a runny nose and a gurgling stomach, I’m okay. And even though I should be excited about being at the tail end of this thing, the constant pounding of six months of chemo is caught up with me a little. I only have to push this thing until about mid November – that’s fewer (or is it less than) 60 days. 

Need to keep that in front of me. I just had an idea. I think I might make a few of mobiles to hang around the house and my hospital rooms with the date Nov. 15 hanging down so I can draw some comfort from how close I am to finishing this.

I guess that’s it for now. I’m okay. A little beat up, but okay.

my new room # is 302-733-6235.

No comments:

Post a Comment