Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Boys of Bummer

We are in the midst of one of those rare moments when it isn’t about me. I know many of you, like me, are in deep mourning. It is incredibly difficult to discuss if not impossible to talk about without breaking down and sobbing, but there is little else we can do.

I guess I could get mad at the waste, the lost opportunities that will never be realized, but isn’t great traumatic loss always that way? Unrealized potential is always the saddest part of it all – at least it should be.

But there is always that little bit of jealousy that sneaks in when one is snuffed out too soon and others continue on. Why is this one still here and the one we love gone? It’s too sad to contemplate.

Amid this sadness there is little to look to in the future.

All I can say is … I can’t take it. I can’t be philosophical. I can’t consider the good. All I know is the damn Red Sox did it to me again. I’m a frickin’ cancer patient and they still did it to me. While the Yankees hit home runs for the sick, my guys go out of their way to torture the infirmed.

Jeepers! I was feeling better too. Now I’m sick … disgusted … explosive diarrhea seems appropriate … I deserve the pain for being so gullible – again. 

Love to all,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment