Wednesday, October 5, 2011

feeling tired, but okay

Just a photo of MT back country

Good Morning All you wily Gang members:

Well, it’s gonna be a nice quiet day today after I go to Perkins and get some pancakes or an omelet with hash browns and ketchup on the side. I should be completely strung out on coffee by like 9:30. I probably wouldn’t go out except I have to drop the dogs off at the groomers at 0830 and it just so happens Perkins is in the same strip mall. Thank God for small favors.

I am a bit depleted lately. I walked the dogs yesterday from house to our local park, which is maybe 500 meters away – maybe. I was exhausted by the time I got home and I had to lean on a trashcan to catch my breath. It was terrible. I think getting back in shape is going to be one of the hardest parts of survivorship. It is going to take sooooooooo much effort.

My doc would say not be so hard on myself; maybe he’s right – all things in their time I guess. After all, I just got out of the hospital Saturday from some blood infection that is still undetermined. That reminds me, I need to make sure that my doc follows up with the infectious disease guys to see if they ever came to closure on the infection cause.

My platelets were up one yesterday. I am all the way up to 18. I need to be to 50 to begin round seven. My doc is on at a conference and then vacation, so I am at the mercy of the nurse practitioner. She’s does a fine job. So I should be okay. Here’s the thing, if I get to 50, I start round seven whether my doc is here or chillaxing with an umbrella drink in his hand and contemplating the expansion of the universe (which is accelerating BTW. I’m not sure what that does to the creationism vs. the big bang debate, but it is interesting nonetheless). Regardless, it all just kind of makes me squeamish (not the universe stuff, the starting round seven stuff).

I guess that’s it. I’m off to bed for an hour or two before I go to Perkins. Bye!

Peace to all

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment