Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back In stir

Believe it or not I usually write these meanderings on an MS Word document and then cut and paste to the blog. I don't have that luxury this morning because I am using this funky keyboard from the hospital's Get Well Network.

Regardless, I didn't post yesterday because I didn't have anything positive to say and I had to run to some appointments.

Remember I mentioned an echo cardiogram? Well it turns out that didn't go as well as I hoped. Apparently, my ticker isn't pumping blood as forcefully as it should. Here's the deal as far as I can tell. When blood enters your heart, your heart usually pumps about 60 to 70 percent of the blood and waits to to the next heartbeat to get the next 60 to 70 percent of of the blood pumped. Mine ticker has taken a side road and I am doing about 35 to 40 percent.

That plus the low hemoglobin is what has caused the shortness of breath and difficulty walking etc...

What caused it? The doc is mystifies. He said I am the least likely candidate for heart disease.

He doesn't think all the chemo has anything to do with it.
I of course do think it is the chemo.

Anyway, the doc said he thought I had a blockage across an artery that runs across the front of th heart. This blockage somehow kicked itself loose damaging the pumping stuff. Either that or I had an undiagnosed heart attack.

I don't know! I go for a stress test on this stupid heart thing on Tuesday.

But that's NOT why I am back in the hospital. My blood infection is back and I am running a wicked bad fever.

So that's it I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment