Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Recovery? Geez now what do I do?


Good Morning Fellow Chemo 13 Gang Members:

Last night was the first night in more than six months that I went to bed and didn’t have some type of catheter sticking out of my chest or arm. It was divine! So divine in fact I slept for nearly 10 hours. I was pooped. I’m still a bit ragged actually.

Kate asked me last night if I intend to keep the blog going now that I am done with chemo. I never gave it much thought, but my first inclination is HELL Yeah!! I may do something crazy like change the background and fix the spelling of the URL, but other than that my plan is to keep going until I get settled back at work in January.

I don’t know what recovery really means, or what is going to happen with the heart ejection fraction, or a host of other things that God will send my way to test or help me. I think sharing these things with you guys and embracing the personal catharsis of putting it into words is valuable – at least for me; I’ll probably bore you to death.

The other thing is there are lessons I can share – hopefully – with other cancer folks who might be kind of lost going through this. I think maybe the blog could be a resource for other folks muddling through. I don’t know maybe that’s my ego talking, but the amount of stuff I’ve learned in the past six months is info I wish I had access to before the first needle prick in my arm.

I guess I’m officially a survivor now. Not quite sure what that means, but I really have to sit back and take stock in next steps.

See ya,


Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment