Monday, October 24, 2011

Walking and decisions


Well it’s high time you guys were up and at ‘em: Good morning or should I say good afternoon; I mean it is close to 0600.

Okay I got big goings on today. Now get this – I’m gong to attempt to walk around the block with my four monstrous dogs. It will be a new post-chemo world record. That’s the plan anyway.

This death defying attempt will come sometime this afternoon after I go and my blood numbers checked,  go to Dunkin’ Donuts, and er ah take a nap. I’ll probably go to Dunkin’ first and get some fat pills for the nurses and staff at the doctor’s office.

I am really torn about a gift for the nurses on the 6th floor. I was going to get two of those edible creations (one for the day shift, one for the night shift), but I am thinking about making a contribution in their name to AI DuPont or Candlefighters instead. I really want to show my intense gratitude to the nurses, but I also want to help little guys and gals fighting cancer. Since I am on Long Term Disability, resources are tight for the next 90 days.

I can’t imagine how tough the little ones are who go through it all. There were times during my chemo when I was in tears because it was so hard – And I’m a US government certified infantry badass! These little ones … I don’t know; they have to be some tough little monkeys to go through all this.

The nurses. Well you all know how I feel about the nurses who stride the 6th floor like colossuses dispensing hope, medicine, and belief in a positive outcome. They are a special breed; my life was saved and enriched by knowing them.

Well I guess that’s it for now. Regardless I’m still going to Dunkin’ Donuts.

Peace,

Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment