Monday, October 3, 2011

just a note today -- more tomorrow


Dear Chemo 13:

I don’t have a lot to share at the moment. It’s 0511 and the crisp air of autumn is finally here. I love this time of year. Well, I am a bit thankful for that.

I’ve got a lot to do this week.

Today – Go get blood drawn and I betcha I end up being transfused with platelets or Red Blood Cells. It’s always kind of hard when your doctor tells you late Friday night the get blood drawn Monday, because the office doesn’t have you in the computer and blah, blah, blah.

Tasks also for this week.

Have to call the Hartford to check on my long-term disability. The plan is for me to return to work on or about 13 Jan 2011. I submitted my application I guess we’ll see the going rate for lymphoma for about 90 days.

I have to get with the ladies at the docs office and schedule my echocardiogram. What? I’m not sexist. All that people working in that office are women.

I’ll have to get blood drawn a couple of times I’m sure – I better schedule that too today as best I can.

I want to order the original Boris Karloff “The Mummy.” Halloween is coming after all. I think I’ll get it off ITunes.

I may buy a white lab coat with “patient” embroidered on it. Everyone at the hospital has a lab coat except the nurses (who actually get stuff done and the patients who get stuff done to them). There is this one group of people in white lab coats who sit at the computer terminals at the nurse’s station for hours. I don’t know what they do, but I suspect it is not lab coat worthy.

Joking aside – I have to buckle down and practice my guitar. These hospital stays are killing my guitar playing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment