Saturday, October 8, 2011

Suffering Succotash


Good Morning Chemo 13:

Despite all the rumors to the contrary, I do have a heart. I saw it yesterday.

I went to my echocardiogram appointment yesterday. It was pretty cool. When you actually see your heart it looks so delicate. It seems like the perfect perpetual motion machine. It just sits there and pumps. I wonder what keeps it moving? It’s actually pretty fascinating to see the blood course through the valves.

When you see the valves working they look like Daffy Duck saying, “Suffering Succotash.” The valves look like Daffy’s beak.

If anyone has a baseball team they hate, let me know and I’ll start rooting for them and they’ll surely lose. Just ask Phillies. The best team in baseball all year and they get whipped in the first round of the playoffs. Go figure!

I felt suspiciously good yesterday for most of the day – something’s up. I am hoping for a repeat performance today. I’m going to run down to Boscov’s and get some jeans today. I don’t have any pants that fit right now; they’re all too big. One of the side benefits of cancer.

I guess that’s it for now.

I’ll write again soon,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment