Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rambling Man


Good Morning Chemo 13:

I have become notoriously unreliable. I promised myself I’d clean my office and all I seem capable of is moving coffee cups into my office. Ho hum.

Steve Jobs died yesterday. I presume from pancreatic cancer; that’s some real bad stuff. Yikes. He was only two years older than I am. That doesn’t freak me out because I have cancer; it freaks me out because I have a MacBook. I’ve been down this Job’s-less Apple computer road before. You are looking at one of the original IMac guys. We’ll see what happens.

Lately I feel as though I’m at a crossroads. I’ve resigned myself to taking the final two chemotherapy blocks. So I’d just as soon get on with it, but it seems I’m having side effects that are just kicking my buttocks with the severity they used to. For example, my eyebrows are gone and I get fatigued really easy like when I first started. It’s a drag for sure, but I shouldn’t whine.

I finally got my appetite back yesterday and am sniffing around for an Italian Grinder. For the Delawareans, Montanans, Washingtonians, and the Kenyan prince on the Internet who keeps asking me to send more money, a grinder is a pizza-oven heated hoagie. I won’t even get into what a cabinet is, but their wicked good.

I know these are just the ramblings of a crazy man at 0531, but what are you gonna do?

The truth is I am lacking the moral courage to write real stuff this morning. I’ll start again tomorrow morning when I have a little clarity. There are big things to write about, but I don’t have fully formed ideas in my head at the moment.

Back to bed for an hour or so.

Peace

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment