Thursday, October 13, 2011

Good Morning -- waiting for next steps


Good Morning My Posse, Gang, and etc:

I’m not sure what has been harder, spending a day with clothes drenched in sweat or not having my wonderful MacBook. I think it was going without the MacBook. Anyway I’m just chilling here in the beautiful confines of Christiana Care. I have window seat for this flight and get to watch birds land on the black tar roofs below – helluva view. It’s 0614 and the only things I can see at the moment are reflections off the window in my room of the nurse’s station outside the door.

As you all know, I love my nurses.

What’s up with me today? Well my room phone number is 302-733-6446. If you call I may or may not answer, as the chairs are on the other side of the room and I won’t make it to the phone, or a particularly insightful Jerry Springer may be on. Oh I almost forgot to mention, the best way to contact me is probably via email at Lettice123@yahoo.com. It’ll probably be a waste of time to use my state email after Friday when I enter the rolls of Long Term Disability and am no longer technically a state employee. One would assume they’d turn that email off; I would.

It turns out my Hickman port thing has a bacterial infection so they may have to pull it out and replace it with a new one. The doctors are thinking great thoughts about that and will tell me something today – maybe; if they haven’t run out of great thoughts. While they may be debating the prose and cons of replacement, I say “yank it!” The Hickman that is.

I meander again. 

My permanent doc is on vacation, so there really hasn’t been much discussion about next steps and the impact, if any, my new heart wrinkle has to play on the next round of chemo. All I know for sure is I won’t be getting any chemo ‘till next week (at the earliest). My platelets are too low at the moment. Thank God for small favors. Yikes!

I have a lot of reading to do today. I got a book-size mailing from the state yesterday about long-term disability. I guess I better read that sooner, rather than later before I go awry of some detail I should’ve known about and everything goes south on me. I also have a library book that I need to be done by Sunday as it s only a seven day loan.

I think I’m also going to spend the day writing some notes and other stuff. I’m working on a project for a close friend of mine and need to start getting down to business – today would be a good day to make some progress on that.

I guess that’s it for now.

Peace to all,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment