Tuesday, July 26, 2011


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good Morning My frends

If I were a betting man, I’d bet that I’ll be admitted for chemo today; I’d bet my platelet numbers are up; I’d bet I’ll be miserable by midnight; and I’d bet I’m the luckiest guy I know.

A bunch of folks put together a collection of stuff for me to take to the hospital so I wouldn’t be bored or hungry. What was envisioned – I’m sure – as a care package, turn out to be an outpouring of love and support that overwhelms me. I am truly not worthy of this outpouring of affection, but I’ll take it in the spirit it was given. I am very, very grateful, humble, and by the way -- right now-- full of Lorna Doones.

I consider every morsel, book, CD, and cookie an expression of support and love. And given the mountain of stuff (It took a hand truck and pickup truck to get the haul to my house) I am loved and supported beyond anything I could imagine.

I don’t want to quote Lou Gehrig about being the luckiest man on earth, well … because he dies at the end of the movie, but I know how he feels – thanks to you guys.

Love to all,

Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment