Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CT Scan report draft 1

Gentlemen:

Good Morning. I thought it important to send you a serious update in lieu of a lighthearted note.
Yesterday afternoon I received some wonderful news. My CT scan could find no evidence of abnormal growth in the area where previous cancer had been seen. That’s great news and a great first step in toward our ultimate victory.
But it is important to acknowledge we are at the beginning of a successful end state; we have not arrived there yet. There is still a lot of fighting left to go. Because Burkitt’s is a highly aggressive, sneaky, and insidious cancer my doctor tells me I must complete all eight blocks of the prescribed chemotherapy even though there are no visible abnormalities today. We must push the attack to ensure we annihilate the cancer cells both at the visible abnormality level and at the microscopic level. That will (unfortunately for me) take the full course of treatment.

I didn't go to the hospital yesterday, because my platelet and red blood cell counts were too low. Apparently, I'm too sick to be in hospital. I have to get blood work done every morning until by blood levels pop up and they can admit me to ... well knock them down with chemo.

Bill


Thanks,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment