Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tick, Tock Tick, tock


Good Morning Chemo13:

Well. I’m up and not so at ‘em as I’d like. A little Sunday hangover from Spaghetti and Meatballs at Michaels last night. I really hadn’t planned to out all ‘cause I was a bit fatigued, but my sister was driving by from RI to NC so she called and we had some chow.

I’ve had a hankering for spaghetti for a few days now. My favorite place is Café de Napoli on Main Street in Newark, but rumor had it that downtown was too crazy yesterday. Kate said Michaels did a nice job and is right off the highway so my sister Mary Lou and her husband Buddy could just jump back on I-95 after dinner.

It’s funny I usually fade at about 2:30 p.m., but I was able to hang through dinner last night.

This one-week delay for chemo—due to platelets numbers – is kind of a weird. I am generally feeling a bit better as the side effects from last round of chemo fade a bit, but I know the next round will probably begin Tuesday. And the side effects that are hanging around in full force are the most nagging – everything tastes like a mixture of metal and dirt and I’m really tired. Oh well. Or as Vonnegut would write, “ho hum.”

Card winners announced tomorrow.

Peace to all

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment