Sunday, July 17, 2011

Potter To Begin Rein of Humor Monday


Potter To Begin Rein of Humor Monday
Chemo Set, Word On Scan Due

WILMINGTON, Delaware – Serial workplace disruptor and all around nice guy Bill Potter will return Monday to Christiana Hospital’s 6th floor to begin 96 to 120 hours of chemotherapy.
            “We’re trepidatious (if that’s even a word),” said long-time hospital administrator Beth Scalpeletta. “Bill is always a great help, but as you know he can distract the nurses. It’s not just his rugged good looks, but it’s that damn infectious laugh.
            “It’s come to out attention that Mr. Potter may get out of his bed every morning, change into street clothes, and work on little projects as if he were at a job,” Scalpelatta said. “A pajama clad Bill Potter is almost irresistible, can you imagine a fully clothed one.”
            Mr. Potter, for his part thinks it all much ado about nothing.
            “I’m still on the fence about my chemo wardrobe choices,” he said. “I’ve asked quit a few of my buddies add their thoughts, and I really got a lot positive feedback about Speedo Swimwear. Although I am not usually the enter of attention, maybe a low cut Speedo would help doctors access me better.”
            Regardless of his choices, Mr. Potter will begin block four of his eight-block regimen Monday after a brief visit with his doctor  at the Helen F. Graham Center.
            “Monday is day 21 and those are always unusual days,” Mr. Potter said. “First, they’ll check my blood to see if I am healthy enough to poison with chemo. If I’m good they’ll ship me to ward 6B at about 1 p.m. Then it’s off with the clothes, vitals checked, and tubes hooked up. A little later we’ll get the first round underway with my Demerol cocktail and it’s off to the races.
            Although that’s the usual sequence, a new wrinkle is set for Monday.
            “I’m either going to show up at the hospital doing a dance, or my shoulders will be slumped and my heart heavy,” Bill said. “I had a CT scan Friday to see what kind of progress we’ve made so far and I’ll find out the straight skinny Monday. It’s blue skies or grey. MY anxiety level is pretty high.
            “Regardless, I will do what I always do – Bruise easy and heal quick and continue the fight.”
            “This is just another reason why he is so disruptive,” Scalpeletta said. “If we give him bad news, he thanks us for our understanding and asks if he can help. He is just so dam, handsome, graceful, and considerate it makes the nurses rally to his side.  All that goodness makes me want to puke.
            “It’s gonna be a long week.”
            Bill can always be reached a Lettice123@yahoo.com. He will post his room # Monday on his blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment