Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Notes


Good Morning Chemo 13:

Quite a bit to say today.

Nighttime sleep is hard to come by sometimes for me. Last night I had a good night’s rest for a change. I went to bed at about 2200 and was ready for stand-to by 0520. Usually I burst awake at 0300 go eat a snack and wander into the parlor and sleep in my recliner until about 0600. So the point is I got a good night’s sleep for a change.

Today is scan day so I get to drink chalky Bloating Barium Berry (the new flavor from Ben and Jerry) for lunch and waddle over to the cancer center for a peek. I am really excited to see how much ass kicking we’ve accomplished in the last 80 days or so.

Since Fred and Pat (My brother and sister-in-law) will be here Saturday at about 11. I have some straightening up to do. Those of you who’ve seen my offices over the years know that I embrace the quote from the Miracle Worker, “Cleanliness is next to nothingness.” But guests don’t see it that way. I’ll have to dust something at some point today.

For some reason I have been slow to return calls and emails lately. I’m not sure if its chemo fatigue or what, but I have been cocooning a bit. I love all you guys, but my enthusiasm isn’t worth a poop the past two weeks. So in the words of George Costanza, “It’s not you it’s me.” Please be patient. Maybe it’s a phase.

This last round of chemo, while not nearly as debilitating as block number two, seems to have hung around for a few days longer causing my blood recovery to be slow and me move in slow motion. Who knows? Anyway, I’ll be reaching out the Kathleen, Smitty, Roseann, Freddy, Gwen, Timmy, and Chip this week to set some stuff up.

I guess that’s it for now.

Almost forgot. Kate bought this snazzy button/label machine. Chemo13 gang button’s are right around the corner.

Love to all,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment