Saturday, July 2, 2011

stinky poop, poop


Saturday, July 2, 2011

Well it’s finally happened. After close to 100 hours of having poison pumped into me I am in a bad mood. The kicker is, I have 24 more hours – at least – to go; that doesn’t count the potential/likely transfusion headed my way tomorrow after all chemo is done. My red blood count stinks, but my blood oxygen is good so far (whatever the hell that means) … thank God for small favors I guess.

Pooper scoops!!

Tired. Tired. Tired.

I showed up for this fight in pretty good shape and I’m beat today. I can’t imagine how the out of shape people get through it – maybe they don’t. Maybe they’re the 20,000 lymphoma fatalities every year.

I really want to punch someone in the face! Anyone really would be fine. I remember playing football in high school against East Providence High and my friend Smitty was behind me. There was one guy between us and the goal line – the kids whose name I long since forgot was the best player on their team – I pulled my head up so I could se the numbers on his jersey and drove my face mask so hard into his chest, I swear I felt his sternum touch his spine. It was delightful. I’d love to do that today. Smitty by the way, if I remember correctly, had the best football day of his life.  

The above may be sick for sure, but it is how I feel today. Oh, well …

Love to all

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment